The conference will gather about 300 participants in all sectors covered by the UfM Ministerial Declaration on Blue Economy (Brussels, 17 November 2015) such as:
- Marine research and innovation;
- Education, training and skills development in the maritime domain;
- Business development (maritime clusters, start-ups...) and investment (access to finance);
- Maritime transport safety and security, and sustainable ports;
- Coastal and maritime tourism and marinas;
- Renewable marine energies;
- Sustainable consumption and production; Sustainable aquaculture and fisheries;
Call for thematic stakeholders workshops
Thematic stakeholder workshops will be at the core of this conference. The objective is to select 9-12 workshops of duration of 1h30 each and targeting an average capacity of 100 participants. The themes of the workshops, as well its format, will be proposed by the blue economy stakeholders. Each workshop will deal with a topic relevant to blue economy in the Mediterranean Sea-basin, in line with the priorities of the UfM Ministerial Conference on Blue Economy.
It is expected that each workshop will produce practical conclusions which can assist in advancing on the objectives of the UfM Ministerial Declaration and possibly lead to project ideas and proposals.
In order to apply for a workshop, please kindly register and submit your online application by 05/09/2017 at
The list of selected workshops will be available at the end of September 2017.